Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Let Love Motivate Your Work!

The Apostle Paul says, "Do all you work in love."

He doesn't say SOME of your work, but ALL of your work. He also says no matter "what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." (1 Corinthians 13:3 MSG)

The point is, ANY job can be turned into worship when it is built on the model of Christ's love; that love is expressed to co-workers, clients and customers. Mother Teresa said, "It's not what you do so much that matters, but how much love you put into it." Think about it like this --Two-thirds of the word "career" is C-A-R-E.

So, I want you to pray a prayer every day this week. When you get up to go work, whether it's at home or at school, in your backyard or at an office or wherever you work -- I want you to pray, "Father, today I want to worship you through my work. I want to express my gifts. I want to do it as if I'm doing it for You and I want to do it in love."

"So then, my friends, because of God's great mercy to us I appeal to you: Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer." (Romans 12:1 TEV)

study verses:

"Do everything in love." (1 Corinthians 16:14 NIV)

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your true and proper worship." (Romans 12:1 NIV)

"If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." (1Corinthians 13:3 NIV)

Yikes!!!!! What a great message from Rick Warren! That is what life is really about. Love. Love God, love yourself, love people. It is all a mindset. I can wake up and have a horrible attitude and have that dictate my whole day and affect everyone around me in negative way. Or we can choose to change our mindset, focus on the positive and be thankful/ grateful and simply show that LOVE. The Bible says, "do EVERYTHING in LOVE." You need to keep things in perspective, we have to understand that LOVE goes a long way. Help each other and help those that are in need.

I hope you are motivated by Love in ALL you do. Who have you opened the door for lately?

1 comment:

  1. Great timing. It's easy to burnout, but to remember to do all with love, with care, is both inspiring and motivating.

    Thank you for your wisdom, DP.

    ReplyDelete