Monday, January 16, 2012

God Provides; Ask for Help!

There is an amazing, incredible and all-encompassing promise in Philippians 4:19 (NIV) regarding provision: "...God will meet ALL your NEEDS according to HIS glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

Note that the first two words : "God WILL." It doesn't say, "He might meet your needs," it says, "HE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS." It's written as a fact; God is staking His character and His reputation on it.

Then the Bible says, "God will meet ALL..." It doesn't say, "I'll meet some of your needs." It says ALL.

He won't give us everything we want, but he will give us what we need. Then why do you have financial needs? Did God fail? Did He lie? Exaggerate?

NO! With every promise, there is a premise; there are conditions and requirements. When God makes a promise, he says, "I'll do my part and you do your part."

Ask for His help - Jesus says, "ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy."
(John 16:24 NLT)

Why does God want me to ask? So He can give. Why does He want to give? So I can receive. Why does He want me to receive? So I'll be full of joy. Why does He want me to be full of joy? Joyful Christians are a positive testimony about the love of God.

Wooooooooweeeee!!!!!!!Rick Warren really hit it on the head with this one! I know alot of times I want to figure things on my own, I want to fix things on my own, I want to get things right on MY OWN! We tend to want to fix our own problems and we tend to think we know EVERYTHING. But reality is we weren't designed that way. The Bible talks about how we should not lean on our own understanding but to TRUST in GOD and He will direct our paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV) You have to understand that you cannot do it on your own. We cannot do everything on our own. WE NEED HELP! God created us to be relational beings. Which means we need RELATIONSHIPS...FAMILY, FRIENDS, COWORKERS, TEACHERS, etc!

Look here's the bottom line. I don't know what you might be going through and I don't discount your situation. But in EVERY situation, you have 2 choices...
1. be negative about it
or
2.  be positive about it

Seek God. Jesus loves you. ASK FOR HIS HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment