Monday, November 7, 2011

Sometimes you just need to get alone...

Solitude is a countercultural and challenging behavior. We need to find time to be truly alone with God, without an agenda. It is rare and often unsettling feeling to stop doing and just be.

"Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, 'come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.' So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place."

Mark 6:31-32

Prayer: There are so many distractions, Lord--my family, my work, church, activities, the television and radio, my own inner thoughts--it is so hard to get away by myself to be with You. I know that it is critical to who I am as a leader. I want to carve out some time. Help me find it and keep it! In, Jesus name, AMEN!

I hope that in the midst of all the craziness of life, that you find some time for yourself and quiet time with God. I encourage you to seek after Him who is bigger than any circumstance, problem, issue or simply anything that you feel is hindering you from progressing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment