Friday, February 4, 2011

Reminded of how simple life is again...

Last night found out a friend of mine that I went to high school with was in critical condition...He got ran over by a car...Immediately I went to the hospital. Met up with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in years. We were all waiting and waiting to see my friend, Jon. After waiting for a little while, I was reminded again of how simple life really is. It doesn't matter how bad or crazy my life may be, it could always be worse. It was a long night of being anxious, worried, scared, sad, and all the other emotions that run through you when something traumatic like this happens.  So much was going through my head and I know it was the same for all the friends and family there as well. But what changed all that was prayer. A pastor friend of the family came to the waiting room and invited everyone to the middle to pray. It was after that when things changed....


It says in the Bible:


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 
Philippians 4:6 (NIV)


After prayer, Jon's mom started telling everyone that they should enjoy the simple things in life, not to make things to complicated...That was when I knew he was going to be ok. I felt at peace at that point...About an hour after all of that the phone rang in the surgery waiting room and it was the doctor calling to let us know the status of Jon.  The bleeding stopped.

"miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen. Pray.Believe.Know.Get Inspired!"

No comments:

Post a Comment