Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some questions to ask yourself?

Last night at our young adults/college group was awesome. Jenny shared her heart and passion with us last night. But it was more God speaking through her to stir all of us up. It was a great message...There were some questions that really had me thinking and I thought I would challenge you with the same:

-What am I doing now that requires God?
-Would my life change if I didn't believe in God?

WOW! I know this hit home for me. Is the way I am living require God? Am I relying on God or am I relying on SELF? Is the way I am living glorifying God? Would my life look the same if I didn't have a relationship with Christ? Am I really living to serve others and really impacting this world in a positive way? encouraging others? telling people about Jesus Christ? Sharing the gospel with everyone I come in contact with? Am I living for me or for Jesus? Am I living my life and fitting Jesus where I want Him to fit?  Is Jesus following me or am I following Jesus? Sometimes we get so comfortable in our everyday lives, living for ourselves. We have plans for ourselves and fit God into them as to justify our own selfish ambitions and goals. We plan so far ahead our lives that we arent even focused on living for Jesus NOW!

The Bible says in James 4:13-14:

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 

You think that you need to go to some big city or some other place to do God's work to save the whole world. But all we need to do is live like Jesus today. One day at a time where we are NOW not tomorrow. The things we plan for the next few years, next few months, next few weeks can change when we are following Christ today. Tomorrow is not promised. I just want to encourage you to ask yourselves those challenging questions.

"miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen. Pray.Believe.Know.Get Inspired!"

No comments:

Post a Comment