Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Eternal Goal

What a great devotional  this morning! I thought I would share!!!!

Taken from Oswald Chambers from "My Utmost for His Highest"

The Eternal Goal

"By Myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing . . . that in blessing I will bless thee. . . ." Genesis 22:15-19


Abraham, at this point, has reached the place where he is in touch with the very nature of God.  He now understands the Reality of God.

"My goal is God Himself . . .
At any cost, dear Lord, by any road."

"At any cost... by any road" means submitting to God's way of bringing us to the goal.

There is no possibility of questioning God when He speaks, if He speaks to His own nature in me.  Prompt obedience is the only result. When Jesus says - "Come," I simply come; when He says - "Let go," I let go; when He says - "Trust in God in this matter," I do trust. The whole working out is the evidence that the nature of God is in me.

God's revelation of Himself to me is influenced by my character, not by God's character.

"'Tis because I am ordinary,
Thy ways so often look ordinary to me."

By the discipline of obedience I get to the place where Abraham was and I see who God is. God will never be real to me until I have come face to face with Him in Jesus Christ. Then I will know that and boldly proclaim, "in all the world, my God, there is none but Thee, there is none but Thee." 

The promises of God are of no value to us until by obedience we understand the nature of God. We may read some things in the Bible everyday for a year and they mean nothing to us. Then because we have been obedient to God in some small detail, we suddenly we see what God means and His nature is instantly opened up to us. "All the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen..." (2Corinthians 1:20).  Our "Yes" must be born of obedience; when by obedience we ratify a promise of God by saying, "Amen," or "So be it." That promise becomes ours.




For those that read this, I hope you are encouraged, I pray that God fills you with His Holy Spirit and renews you. Thank you Jesus for your love, mercy and grace! It is through Christ all things are possible! I pray that God will guide and direct your paths. All these things I pray in Jesus name, AMEN!

"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen. Pray.Believe.Get Inspired!"

No comments:

Post a Comment