Friday, November 5, 2010

Just the other day...

It has been a busy week for me, but in the times of being so on the go, I happened to find quiet time.  I came across this:

Psalm 19: 11-14 (the Message translation)
11-14 There's more: God's Word warns us of danger
      and directs us to hidden treasure.
   Otherwise how will we find our way?
      Or know when we play the fool?
   Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
      Keep me from stupid sins,
      from thinking I can take over your work;
   Then I can start this day sun-washed,
      scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
   These are the words in my mouth;
      these are what I chew on and pray.
   Accept them when I place them
      on the morning altar,
   O God, my Altar-Rock,
      God, Priest-of-My-Altar.

Man this is real serious...

This really spoke to me about how important it really is to be in God's word and to really build that relationship with Him. Each day I wake up, I thank God for another day, because the reality of it is...we aren't promised tomorrow. I encourage you to make this one of your prayers to the Lord. A lot of times I find myself thinking I can do all things on my own and when I accomplish them "on my own" theres a feeling of reliance on SELF. I know we get into these habits of thinking we can do things all by ourselves. A sense of independence is created when we do this. But the truth is we need to be dependent solely on God and doing what God has called us to do. Relying on the Holy Spirit's help and to be driven and led by the Holy Spirit!

Lord, I pray that I don't fall into thinking that I can do all things on my own when your word says that "I can do all things through Christ who is my strength" God you are my strength, you are OUR strength. When we are weak, Lord you are strong! God strengthen us and refresh us with your presence! I pray that you will be our guiding light and our strong foundation for when the storms come! All these things I pray in Jesus name, AMEN!

I hope those that read this are encouraged,

"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen. Pray.Believe.Get Inspired!"


1 comment:

  1. Aman to your prayers brother. I'm glad you found what I have found.

    ReplyDelete