Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just a thought...

In order to make it in this world I feel like I have to make a certain amount of money or I have to accomplish a certain amount of things to feel like I am a success. We tend to think this way and it becomes real because of our surroundings and of this world that is constantly talking about what you have done, what you have accomplished, how much money do you have, etc...But really all those things are like chasing the wind. It says in the Bible:


"Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done 
   and what I had toiled to achieve, 
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; 
   nothing was gained under the sun."

Ecclesiastes 2:11 NIV

You have to start living as if these worldly things don't matter because the bottom line is they really don't. We have to start "storing our treasures in a place where moths and rust cannot destroy" Matthew 6:20. The focus is not on ourselves but on others and first and foremost Christ. 

I just want to encourage you to keep Christ first in all things that you do. 


1 comment:

  1. Good words, DP. I am challenged by the same verse on a regular basis. I felt just this week that I am supposed to pick up a study I have had for years called "Lord, I am Torn Between Two Masters". The pull of the world is so strong, beckoning me to be "of it" and not just "in it". Finding the balance is such a challenge. Sometimes I think, even striving for balance is lukewarm living at its finest. I want to do so much for Him. I want to be totally sold out...yet it hurts to think of letting all earthly things go.

    Your words are encouraging to me...they inspire me to press in and seek God more. It is also encouraging for me to see you walking out your faith. Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete