Monday, January 31, 2011

Something about "SELFish ambitions"

I don't know what it is but I think God is trying to convey something to me about "SELFish ambitions." All I think about are the things that I want to do for God instead of what God wants me to do for HIM. What comes to mind is when I moved to Los Angeles, CA. It was a good experience and it really made me realize a lot of things but the main thing was: 


-it's not about having a lot of opportunities BUT IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR OPPORTUNITIES.


I still struggle with this now, about doing things for me me me me me me me. We tend to do things for ourselves and think of what will be most beneficial for us, and how can we get more, how can we make more, and the list goes on of how we want for ourselves. 


Where the Bible shows us a different way to live:


"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness."
James 3:13-18 (NIV2011)


The Bible clearly shows you that you should not chase after selfish needs and wants but tells us to be pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. We need to strive after being more Christ like and that is to think less about our "SELFish ambitions."

Lord, help us not to chase after selfish ambitions, but to chase after Christ ambitions. Living for you is the only thing that matters. Help us live life driven by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT! In Jesus name, AMEN!

"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen. Pray.Believe.Know.Get Inspired!"



No comments:

Post a Comment