Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Devotional October 27, 2010

Wow! I love Jesus! I hope this encourages all that read!


"SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER"



9 Two are better than one,
       because they have a good return for their work:

 10 If one falls down,
       his friend can help him up.
       But pity the man who falls
       and has no one to help him up!

 11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
       But how can one keep warm alone?

 12 Though one may be overpowered,
       two can defend themselves.
       A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV)


We need to support one another and hold one another accountable. We have to understand that we can't always do things on our own. A lot of times I find myself wanting to do things on my own, I don't know where that comes from, maybe a bit of pride and ego? Probably. I know I need to get better at that, dying to self. Realizing I can't do EVERYTHING on my own. We need people in our lives that will encourage us, help us when we are down, pray for us and also provide wisdom. We need to surround ourselves with people that are more wise that we are, that will hold us accountable to live a life reflecting Christ Jesus! I encourage you not to go through life solo dolo, but with support and accoutability!


"TOTAL COMMITMENT"



 15-16So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.
 17-19Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them. I've warned you of them many times; sadly, I'm having to do it again. All they want is easy street. They hate Christ's Cross. But easy street is a dead-end street. Those who live there make their bellies their gods; belches are their praise; all they can think of is their appetites.
 20-21But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.


Phil 3:15-21 (message)


Commitment is a tough word and a tough thing to do period nowadays it seems like. People are so scared to do something that requires time and loyalty. It's because of what the world is teaching us and what is portrayed in the media as being lazy, going the easy route and quitting if things don't work out, is why this generation is not committed. It says in the Bible that we need to stay focused and totally committed to God and there will be times when people will try to steer you another route, an "easier" route but the reality is that "easy" route will send you off to a dead end.  When I read this, thoughts of the past came in mind of how many people try to take you through that "easy" route, how the world will trick you to think that serving yourself and doing what makes you happy instead of being obedient to God is the way. Reality is God wants our TOTAL COMMITMENT, can you give that today? I encourage you to be totally committed to Jesus and stay focused on what He has planned for you!


"IN RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST"



 17The seventy came back triumphant. "Master, even the demons danced to your tune!"
 18-20Jesus said, "I know. I saw Satan fall, a bolt of lightning out of the sky. See what I've given you? Safe passage as you walk on snakes and scorpions, and protection from every assault of the Enemy. No one can put a hand on you. All the same, the great triumph is not in your authority over evil, but in God's authority over you and presence with you. Not what you do for God but what God does for you—that's the agenda for rejoicing."


Luke 10:17-20 (message)


Don't get it twisted, joy comes from being in relationship with Christ, NOT from what we do for Christ. God has given us all the power to overcome satan's plans but that is not we should rejoice about. The true rejoicing is that God's Holy Spirit is with us and His authority is over us! A lot of times I find myself rejoicing in doing works for Christ when in reality its not the works but Christ doing a work IN ME. It's easy to forget that I'm doing God's work so that God gets all the glory, NOT ME. I encourage you to remember that its not about the works, but its about being in RIGHT relationship with Christ!


Thank you Lord for all you are doing, and all you're going to do! I love you Jesus! Thank you for another day to live and glorify your name! Jesus I pray that whoever reads this will be encouraged to follow you and that their heart will be open to what it is that YOU are speaking to them about! Holy Spirit fill us! Lord have YOUR WAY! I pray this in Jesus name, AMEN!


"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen. Pray.Believe. Get Inspired!"



1 comment:

  1. Your words about "Total Commitment" really resinated with me. Funny, I actually blogged about not taking the easy route just yesterday. It is so cool how God sometimes weaves a common thread in his church body. The stuff Papa G said on Sunday about only being able to learn certain lessons when we go the difficult route...really encouraged me to take some much needed steps in my life. The easy route is tempting, but I choose the difficult and embrace every lesson I will learn. God is so awesome! Thanks for sharing! It really encourged me! :)

    ReplyDelete