Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I love time spent with my students!

I just want to publicly say that i love my students. They are so awesome! I really enjoy my Wednesdays when I get to see them all at Sudden Impact (youth group). They are wild, wacky, crazy, loving, caring, cool, chill, awesome and the list just goes on and on and on! I love the diversity and the mixture of personalities! Man i love the youth!

Pastor Jason spoke tonight from Philippians. What an awesome message about humility! "your life is not YOUR life" and "humility causes UPWARD mobility." He had some great points and great illustrations! That boy can preach! This life we live is not for us to satisfy ourselves, its about living selfLESS and serving others!

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to yourselves, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:3-4.

For the first time ever, we took communion with the students! What an awesome night! I can't wait until small groups this Sunday and also student leadership coming up the following Saturday! Empowering our future leaders of the world!

SIDE NOTE- as i was about to leave the church tonight, my phone rang and the number i saw on there was a number i didnt recognize, i didnt pick up because I was in a conversation but I called it right back.  It was my boy from high school that I havent talked to in at least 10 years.  I said whats up bro! did you call? he said, no , who is this? I told him this was DP and I just got a call from you.  LOL he said oh wassup D, I dont think i called you but im busy at work talk to you later. So I said ok and we hung up.

Later on tonight, he calls me again and i miss the call. I called him back and now we chat! Keep in mind we haven't talked in years! He tells me what he's been up to and I tell him what I've been up to, we catch up a little and what a great story he had to tell me! Man! But the cool thing is at the end of the conversation, I asked if I could pray for him. He said sure, i know i need it! WOW! I just felt like I had to pray for him, so I prayed in Jesus name! Thank you JESUS! You never know who you are going to talk to right? PRAISE HIM!

"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen, just pray and believe! Get INSPIRED!!!!"

Those that are reading, i hope you get INSPIRED and encouraged! if you have any prayer requests let me know, i got you! PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment