Monday, September 13, 2010

Manic Monday!!!

I just got done having a great talk with my dad.  We talked about everything it seemed like.  But i really enjoyed hearing what he had to say, it felt like 30 minutes but it was really 2 hours. WOW! havent had a talk like that with dad in a while. Learned about the family, talked about life, talked about everything! In my head the whole time I was asking God to give me an opportunity to share Jesus with him.  Low and behold the opportunity came up!! I let him share his thoughts and his beliefs and it was awesome! Got to have a great conversation with my dad! man i love Jesus! Talked about Jesus, buddha, religion, muslims, about it all! it was awesome, i got tell my dad that Jesus was about love and how its not about races or color its about loving one another. I told him how i loved my church! I got to ask him how he felt when going to my church (Stone Creek Church) and he said EVERYONE is nice and he really enjoyed it! I also got to talk to my dad about tithing! man what a great opportunity! Thank you JESUS ! to make a long story short, i got to pray for my dad and for healing in his back, in Jesus name!

Excel- Worship- it is always an awesome feeling when being in the presence of God.  Even when life sucks, i feel happy and filled with joy when im in that worship mode. Its just i can really sense the Holy Spirit at work! Just comforting me, letting me know that everything is going to be alright. Nothing like giving God ALL the PRAISE and all the GLORY! singing HOLY HOLY HOLY!!! mannnnnn!!! HYPE MODE!

Message- What a great word today, Pastor Terry really did a great job. It was about living for others, really learning to connect with God, connect with people and connect people with God.  The text was from Luke 10: 25-37, talking about the good samaritan story. It was about going beyond our selves to help others, thats how we should live.  The best part was the end when we broke up into groups of 3 and answered these 4 questions:
1. what would you do with $44 mil.?
2. who have you been taking from?
3. who have you been ignoring?
4. who have you been avoiding?

my answers:
1. What would i do with $44 mil.? I would off the top give 10% to my home church (STONE CREEK CHURCH), then invest majority of it so that i would be able to live off the interest, give some to friends and family, give some away to missions, and a spur of the moment thought i had was to buy a white ferrari and drive it just to see how it was then after a week or so, give it away to someone random that was really struggling to get from point a to point b! i think that would be so awesome!!!!!! i know! i know! not practical, white ferrari! but hey its my idea and i think that would be awesome so yeahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUE STORY STATEMENT- Its about extravagant giving and blessing others, not about selfless pleasures!

2. who have i been taking from? i feel like i've been taking from the company that i work for. Not stealing physical goods or anything like that but just not investing the time that i know i should to grow the company. I know the Lord has blessed me with this job but at the same time i feel like im not being a good steward of it.

3. who have i been ignoring? i have been so consumed with my own life that i have ignored my immediate family and mos def my extended. i feel so bad, its not that i dont care about them its just ive been selfish and just been thinkin of me me me.  But i am going to work on that and am working on that, God really gave me an opportunity to talk with dad today so that was awesome! but im a work in progress, need to work on it :)

4.who have i been avoiding? you know what i really couldnt answer that one, i didnt know what to say. as much as i can, i try to be nice and approachable to everyone. but who knows, maybe you can let me know :)

Invited one of my students from back in the days that has been going through some things in life, some of lifes challenges right? Well i invited him to come tonight to excel and wasnt sure he was going to come, but he came! it was great to see him! Had a great conversation with him last night ! if you reading this boy! i believe in you bro! keep fighting the good fight! God is going to use this time to mold you and shape you! He is going to use your testimony to impact others so that they will have a relationship with Christ! God will get ALL THE GLORY FAM!!! He has never left your side boy!!! "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6. It's GO TIME !!!!!

I hope this was encouraging to read! Please keep me in prayer! again i honestly feel that miracles are going to happen! But the only way is through Christ! So please pray for wisdom and strength to really get through what the world throws at me.

If you have any prayer requests please let me know! i got you! remember without prayer theres no change, if we want change we got to change from within! and only way to do that is through a relationship with God!  PRAYER WARRIORS LET'S GO!! GET INSPIRED!!

1 comment: