Monday, September 27, 2010

Start of the week!

Started off the week with a team meeting early in the morning! It was good, got to hear what the new store manager had to say about expectations and about what changes were going to come about.  Overall I am excited for the store and team, I know some big things are about to happen, the store is under good leadership!

Work- The day at work went by pretty quickly, I really enjoy helping customers and especially the older ladies that come through the store that need help with shoes! I think I enjoy them the most because they laugh at my jokes :) In a sense we kind of entertain each other. The team laughs at me because they think I am crazy and basically they cant believe half the stuff i say anyways! I love it! Led the way in sales today, got to help some older ladies get fitted in some shoes, got some paper work done, and cracked some pretty funny jokes :)

Things haven't quite settled in yet that i am going part time, but i know it will soon.  Its going to be some crazy times soon, but i dont care, I know the Lord will provide. Can't worry about things that I can't control. Just going to trust in God no matter what, through wins and losses. Its GO time, cant sit when God says GO! 

I am guilty of buying a new watch today. It was something that I have always wanted ever since i was a little boy. I remember seeing it at Target as a little boy and wanting it so bad. Back then it was $10 now its $20....It's a Casio calculator watch! LOL!! DONT JUDGE ME! lol! I havent bought anything for myself in a long long long time, so i thought i would treat myself to this watch :)

Excel (young adults/college group) - I always look forward to Mondays and Wednesdays! Had a good conversation with Terry about ministry and evangelists. Some food for thought. Prayer before service was good, always good to pray with Bailey and Jon D! We got on a hype where we were just admiring how Jesus  took our place on the cross, how He conquered death and Sin for US!! When He didnt have to... anyways we were hyped! PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER! Only way we are going to see change!!! Worship was awesome, Sarah Allen led worship tonight.  It was awesome, you could really feel the Holy Spirit moving! Lord you get all the praise! We worship you!!! I shared a word that I received from one of my boys today!

DROPPING GEM MOMENT- It was Isaiah 55:9 where it says that God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Just reminded me that when I get discouraged about paying bills, or being able to provide, or struggle with Sin, or struggle with life, work or circumstances.  I shouldnt worry because God will take care, all I need to do is be obedient, follow Christ and acknowledge Him in all I do and He will take care of the rest. Put our FAITH in GOD not in money, people, possessions, etc. My wack thoughts are not His thoughts, my wack ways are not His ways! God is the only way! Get God vision!

The message today was awesome! it was about pouring into others lives and making a positive impact on others lives.  Pour into others as others have poured into you. You never know who you are impacting, do your part and pour into others, leave the miracles up to GOD! 

Key points- 1. Recognize the investments in our lives. (Acts 20:24)  2. Return the investments (2Tim 4:16-17, John 15:13, Proverbs 17:17) 3.Reinvest what has been deposited in our lives (1Corinthians 15:58)

At the end of the night we got to partner up with someone answer 2 questions : 1. who has invested in me? and 2. who can I invest in this semester?

I actually partnered up with one of my students. We had a great discussion about life, he is going through some stuff right now, but I know God is going to use this time to shape him through this fire. Refiner's Fire. I told him that I cant wait to hear this testimony. He doesnt know what kind of impact he is going to have but i cant wait to see when this is all said and done! I believe in him!  I asked him if there was anything i could pray for, and at first he was hesitant but I could tell he wanted to tell me something. He was real honest and told me everything! Man WOW! Please anyone that is reading this, keep him in prayer! Prayer for wisdom to make the right choices, for strength to fight temptation, for God's vision for his life, for direction and for endurance!! I believe in you boy!
What a way to end the night! I love Jesus!!!!

Side note- Da Bears won!!! mannnnnn!!! crazy! I saw the Devin Hester run for a touchdown! Man that boy is SEERRRIIIOUUUSS!!! 

"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen, just pray and believe! Get INSPIRED!!!!"

Please pray that I just continue to listen to what God wants me to do! I want to be SPIRIT led!  I NEED MORE OF JESUS! 

IF you need any prayer! let me know, I got you!!!! PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER!!! If we want to see change! it starts with PRAYER!!!

1 comment: