Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quiet Time

Text:


18When they arrived, he said to them: "You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. 19I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. 20You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
 22"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.



Acts 20:18-24


Some key words/phrases :
humility, severely tested, not hesistant to preach anything..., publicly, declaring to both Jews and Greeks...,not knowing..., life worth nothing...,finish the race and complete..., and God's grace.

HUMILITY- The apostle Paul served with humility, he was humble. To be humble = to destroy the independence , power, or will of, low in rank, status, importance, quality, to have a feeling of insignificance, not proud or arrogant. Wow! Its clear here that God uses the weak to glorify HIS name!

SEVERELY tested- to put simply, Paul had some "haters," some people that didn't want to see him succeed. They were trying to test and see how real Paul's Faith was! Word to the wise, there are people in your lives now that are going to do the same thing! I encourage you to stay strong! In times of doubt, ask for God vision! God's provision and wisdom!

Not HESITANT to preach ANYTHING...PUBLICLY...DECLARING to both Jews and Greeks-Wow! Talk about boldness! Not hesitant meant that he was not scared and didnt think twice about it and to do it publicly meant he was not shy about letting people know about JESUS! It should be the same way with us, we should speak out boldly and publicly ! We have nothing to hide! If Jesus has made a positive impact in your life, why hide it? We need to let EVERYONE know about the GOOD NEWS!

NOT KNOWING- Life is this way. We never know what is going to happen. But this illustrates how we dont have to always know what's going to happen in our lives, and that God is in control if you let HIM.  I know I am guilty of this, I am the kind of person that has to know exactly what the agenda is and what is planned.  But when we have a strong relationship with Christ there is a level of boldness and confidence. We begin to walk forward NOT KNOWING what will happen and that God is in control.

Life worth NOTHING...FINISH the race and COMPLETE...the task of testifying to the gospel of God's Grace- WOW!!! This just clearly shows the ultimate sacrifice of self.  Living not for self but living to serve others, to finish the task to completion and that is to let the world know about God's Grace! We are all here for a purpose! I urge you brothers and sisters to use your talents and abilities to help those that are in need, those that are weak.

"For he knows how weak we are; He remembers we are only dust.
Our days on earth are like grass; like the wildflowers, we bloom and die.
The wind blows, and we are gone--as though we had never been here."
-Psalm 103: 14-16

What have you done lately to help? I encourage you, we are all God's instruments of hope and love to be used in a world that is hopeless. Use your talents, gifts and abilities to help someone that needs and asks for it!

"Miracles are happening, miracles are going to happen, just pray and believe. Get INSPIRED!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment